This interview style course uses case studies to substantiate the need and the approach for Healthcare professionals and Application Designers/Developers to integrate security into IoT products and solutions.
Imagine walking into a hospital where the IoT has overrun the entire patient care system. The Doctor hands you an IoT connected medical wearable, your medication is dispensed by the network, and all the devices have access to your Personal Health Information (PHI). Imagine a medical device sustaining your life or the life of a loved one. Do you feel IoT Health Care is secure and safe?
When the IoT connects to Health Care the lives of patients are at risk. Unfortunately, these IoT solutions are not receiving the security attention they deserve during construction. Do right by the patient, and apply the lessons to ‘Build Security In’ to health care IoT deployments.
- Duration: One hour – Offered in a fast-paced, interactive, web-based session
- Size: Unlimited
The following are the recommended prerequisites for this course:
- General understanding of the Internet of Things (IoT)
At the end of this workshop, the participants should be able to:
- Understand the concept of “Build Security In”
- Explore an IoT in Health Care Use Case
- Identify security challenges associated with Internet-ready devices and services
- Identify the IoT security paradigm shift and the specific impact it has on manufacturers, products and the more general impact on the health care community
- Describe how an IoT Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) helps mitigate threats and create secure IoT health care products