The Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (SSFIPS) 3.0 course is a 5-day instructor-led course that demonstrates the powerful features of Cisco Firepower Threat Defense.
Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (SSFIPS) 3.0 is a 5-day, lab-intensive course which introduces you to the basic next-generation intrusion prevention system (NGIPS) and firewall security concepts, and the Cisco Firepower system components and features.
The course begins by introducing the system architecture, the latest key features, and the role of policies when implementing the solution. The course then leads you through the powerful features of the Cisco Firepower system, in-depth event analysis, NGIPS tuning and configuration, Snort® rules language overview, and the latest platform features including File and Malware inspection, Security Intelligence, Domain Awareness, and more.
You also learn how to manage deployed devices and perform basic Cisco Firepower discovery before moving on to describe how to use and configure Cisco NGIPS technology, including application control, security intelligence, firewall, and network-based malware and file controls.
You also learn to properly tune systems for better performance and greater network intelligence while taking advantage of powerful tools for more efficient event analysis, including file type and network-based malware detection. The course finishes with system and user administration tasks.
This course combines lecture materials and hands-on labs throughout to make sure that students are able to successfully deploy and manage the Cisco Firepower system.
Duration: 5 Days
Fee: Contact Us
It is recommended to have the following skills and knowledge before attending this course:
- Technical understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture
- Basic familiarity with the concepts of intrusion detection systems (IDS) and intrusion prevention systems (IPS)
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Technical professionals who need to learn more about the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense Next Generation Firewall.
The primary audience for this course includes:
- Security Administrators
- Security Consultants
- Network Administrators
- System Engineers
- Technical Support Personnel
- Channel Partners
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Describe the key features and concepts of next-generation IPS and firewall security
- Identify the components of the Cisco Firepower system
- Communicate the role and relationships of policies in the Cisco Firepower system
- Identify the various Cisco Firepower system deployment architectures
- Interpret host profile information
- Explain the object types, their uses within the Cisco Firepower system, and implementation procedures for security intelligence
- Describe and identify considerations for access control policy rules
- Understand file visibility and control, malware and file policies, and the principles of AMP for Firepower
- Implement and manage intrusion policies and variables
- Understand Cisco Firepower management system administration and user account management Course Outline
- Module 1: Security Technology Overview
- Module 2: Cisco Firepower System Components and Features
- Module 3: Introducing the Cisco Firepower Management Center
- Module 4: Deploying Cisco Firepower Managed Devices
- Module 5: Cisco Firepower Discovery
- Module 6: Access Control Policy Prerequisites
- Module 7: Implementing Access Control Policies
- Module 9: File Control and Advanced Malware Protection
- Module 10: Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Module 11: Network Analysis Policies
- Module 12: Detailed Analysis Techniques